The Crew’s beta is set to begin on July 21 and run until July 25. If you haven’t signed up for it yet, you still have a chance to get in here. The Crew is Ivory Tower and Ubisoft Reflections’ open world racing game that gives players a garage full of cars and a completely open world United States to cruise around in. Not to scale, mind you, but it’s still a massive playground.
With the announcement of the beta’s start date comes details of what you will actually be able to do during the game’s testing period. The entire map will be open to players, with missions and skill challenges available in the Midwest region, skill challenges on the East Coast, and the ability to free roam the rest of the country. There will be two PvP (Player vs. Player) lobbies set up in game, with one in the Midwest and the other on the East Coast, where you will be able to race other players.
There is no mention of what specific vehicles you will be able to drive in the beta, but you will be able to customize them to an extent by sampling the ‘Street Spec’ and ‘Dirt Spec’ body packages. The website promises that you will get a glimpse of the other three spec sets — Perf, Raid, and Circuit — as well.
To see the game in action, check out the E3 trailer here.
The Crew will be released in full on November 11 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- The final ‘Sea of Thieves’ Xbox One and PC beta is available now
- Here’s how to enroll in the iOS beta program to get updates early
- An update to watchOS 4.3 brings several new features to the Apple Watch
- Microsoft Launcher beta update includes new features, bug fixes
- High Sierra beta makes using external graphics on Macs much easier