Ubisoft has announced that it will be publishing Cold Fear(TM), the first action-horror title under the Ubisoft brand. Developed by Darkworks, the game will launch simultaneously for thePlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox(R) video game system from Microsoft and PC-CD Rom. Cold Fear is slated for release in March 2005.
Cold Fear renews the horror genre by combining the popular elements of both action and horror releases, delivering an action-packed, fear-filled gaming experience.
“We’re excited to make our debut in the horror genre with a unique title like Cold Fear,” said Tony Kee, Vice-President of Marketing for Ubisoft. “It falls into a previously un-tapped category of realistic action-horror gameplay including vast environments and a disturbingly plausible storyline.”
Players step into the role of Tom Hansen, a U.S. Coast Guard who is sent to board a drifting Russian whaling ship in the middle of a howling storm on the Bering Sea. He arrives only to discover that terrifying surprises await him on the bloodstained decks of the constantly rocking, shifting vessel. Set in a volatile, dynamic environment, players will find themselves overwhelmed by fear as they engage in intense combat with intelligent enemies.
- Get ‘Crazy Taxi’ and assassinate in 2D with February’s Xbox Games With Gold
- ‘The Evil Within 2’ can now be played as a first-person survival horror game
- Score a bargain with the best PS4 game deals under $20
- The best movies on Netflix right now (April 2018)
- Wage war on a budget with 10 fun and free first-person shooters for PC and Mac