It is rare that a video game can actually illicit a true emotional response from people. Sure, while playing a game you might feel the odd rush of excitement or enjoyment, even frustration, but to feel things like happiness or fear is something special. EA is hoping to jump on that fear train, when it releases the sci-fi survival horror game Dead Space 2 early next year.
The game finds protagonist Isaac Clarke suffering a mild case of going insane following his exposure to the marker at the end of the first game, plus the somewhat stressful circumstances of watching everyone he arrived with brutally murdered by monsters that kill people as a hobby.
In the second game Isaac awakens in a hospital to find himself in the space station/city known as the Sprawl. The Sprawl is facing a Necromorph infection, and once again Isaac is the prime rib at the end of their buffet. As he completes objectives in order to survive and escape, the station continues to fall to the Necromorphs, and things look bleak.
In the “Lullaby trailer” below that EA released last week, check out Isaac running for his life and fighting off waves of terrible, terrible things. Dead Space 2 is due out on January 25, 2011 for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.
Warning: This trailer may not be suitable for all ages.
- Which ‘Walking Dead’ character will transition to ‘Fear The Walking Dead’?
- Everything we know about ‘Ash vs Evil Dead’ season 3 so far
- Suit up for a free trial of ‘Destiny 2’ and carry over progress after purchase
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ rumored to have Battle Royale mode, explorable trains
- Everything we know about ‘The Walking Dead’ season 8 so far