Read our full Destiny review.
Want to play the Destiny beta but didn’t pre-order it to get a code? Not to worry! We’ve got a whole mess of codes to give away!
Destiny isn’t out until September 9, but the PlayStation beta kicks off on July 17 and the Xbox beta on July 23. The tests are running on both versions of each console, and the codes you stand to win here work with any of them. You’ll need to sign up for an account on Bungie.net and enter the code in there, and that’s when you pick which console you want to play on. Simple.
Bungie’s first post-Halo effort has shown a lot of promise in what we’ve seen so far. It feels functionally similar in some ways to Master Chief’s adventures, with a fast pace to the action and hordes of aliens to blast, but all of it plays out against an online-connected universe that’s filled with other players. Each code, once redeemed on Bungie.net, gets you three download codes in all so you can get two friends in on the action in the game’s three-person Squads. Note that all players need to be running on the same console in order to play together.
For more on Destiny, check out our latest hands-on preview.
Destiny Beta Code Access contest details:
- Starts: Now!
- Ends: Monday July 14 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Codes we’re giving away: 35 beta access codes
- Winners announced: Tuesday, July 15
- Regions supported: You must live in the United States, UK, Suomi, Sverige, South Africa, or Poland
- Systems supported: You must own a PS4, PS3, Xbox One, or Xbox 360
- Accounts: Players must have a Bungie.net account and PSN/Xbox Live account
- Beta Access: Access period begins at 7 a.m. ET on July 17 for PlayStation consoles and on July 23 for Xbox consoles
- Random: Winners are chosen at random
- Don’t get greedy: One entry per person
If you don’t win, stay tuned! We have many more giveaways coming this summer! Next week, we’ll have 10 LG G3 Android phones to win.
(Go to DestinyTheGame.com/beta to pre-order Destiny and receive beta access.)
- Marvel’s Avengers game: Everything we know, including playable heroes
- Microsoft xCloud: Everything we know about the streaming service
- With xCloud bundle, Microsoft takes a page from Nintendo’s playbook
- The best free games on Xbox One (August 2020)
- Here are the most anticipated video game releases in August