Reign of Giants, the first expansion to indie survival roguelike Don’t Starve, will make its way to North American PlayStation 4 consoles on Wednesday, July 22, then in Europe on July 23. The DLC previously launched on PC back in May.
The expansion adds two new playable characters, expanded seasons, biomes, items and, of course, the eponymous giants. These additions all bring new, harrowing variety to the unforgiving game. The add-on also includes various bug fixes and features that have already been available on PC, such as expanded world generation options.
Developer Klei Entertainment recently shared its progress on Don’t Starve Together, the multiplayer expansion set to arrive on PC in fall 2014–no word yet on when (or if) it might come to PS4.
Reign of Giants will be available on July 22/23 for $5. PlayStation Plus subscribers will be eligible for a 10% launch discount.
- ‘Kerbal Space Program’ expansion lifts off March 13 on PC
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Origins’ will soon offer New Game+ mode
- Amazon expands delivery options across U.S. for last-minute holiday shoppers
- Digital Trends’ 2018 guide to game conventions and trade shows