Electronic Arts yesterday said they’d shipped The Godfather The Game to retailers and that it would immediately be available on store shelves. The highly anticipated video game is being released for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox gaming systems with a price tag of $39.95, with a limited edition which features behind the scenes content including footage from voice over sessions with James Caan and Robert Duvall pricing at $49.95.
In The Godfather The Game, said EA, players take on the role of a customizable mob character just entering the Corleone family. The game goes beyond the films and book to create a living, open world of The Godfather fiction throughout 1940s-50s New York City. Actors from the film, including Marlon Brando, James Caan and Robert Duvall, reprised their roles lending their voices to the game.
Versions for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation Portable will be made available later this year. The game is rated M for Mature.
“The Godfather is one of the most exciting, dramatic and memorable works of fiction in the world and we worked very hard to create the Godfather Interactive experience,” said David DeMartini, Executive Producer of The Godfather The Game, in a statement.
- Here is our list of the best movies on Netflix right now
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ spinoff ‘Mayans MC’ gets 10-episode first season on FX
- Xbox Game Pass to get all future first-party Xbox One games at release
- Digital Trends favorite movies of 2017
- Need something to watch? Here are the best Amazon Prime TV shows