Sony or Microsoft may make an announcement regarding a next-generation console soon, Electronic Arts chief financial officer Warren Jenson said during today’s EA earnings conference call. In what may be idle speculation or a hint of what’s to come, Jenson answered a question about Sony and Microsoft’s next consoles by saying that we may see an announcement from “one of those two” in “the next 3-5 months.”
Any major word of next-generation hardware would come at E3 in May, which lands neatly in the middle of that timeframe, so Mr. Jenson may simply be speculating based on that common-sense assumption. It may be that he knows something we don’t, however — we’ll see what shakes out in May.
- PS5: News, rumors, and everything we know about the PlayStation 5
- These are the E3 2018 games that could come to next-generation consoles
- Xbox Two? Xbox 2020? Everything we know about Microsoft’s next console
- PlayStation boss says PS4 is reaching the final phase of its life cycle
- Sony’s next PlayStation may have an AMD Ryzen processor