The idea is simple: You have bugs that want to destroy humanity, so you destroy them first. That’s Earth Defense Force 2025. There are no complicated subplots involving political ideologies battling to reshape the future of humanity. There is no metaphysical twist involving alternate realities and predestination. There are bugs that need a-killin’, and you are the person to do it.
The series has been around since June 2003, when the first game was released under the name Monster Attack. More than a decade later, the bugacolypse is still going strong, and the sixth game in the series is about to be released in the West.
Earth Defense force 2025 was originally released in Japan on July 4, 2013, and now comes to the U.S. and Europe on February 4. The game will be coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and we have some screenshots to show you what to expect. Spoiler alert: Bugs. Giant ones.
- Caltech sees supernovae, black holes ‘Ned Stark’ and ‘Jon Snow’ shredding stars
- Defunct Soviet space probe will crash back to Earth after 47 years in orbit
- All the Halo games ranked from best to worst
- Mortal Kombat 11: Everything we know about the new game so far
- The next clash of Silicon Valley titans will take place in space