When it was revealed that Bethesda had quietly been working on a new game for the last few years, suspicions were running strong that the game was in fact the long awaited sequel and next chapter in the Elder Scrolls series. Turns out those suspicions are right, and following the official announcement at the VGAs, we now have confirmation, a release date, and a trailer just for good measure.
The trailer is a cinematic used to hype the game, but it does not show off what it will look like, and plot details are still scarce. Expect more on this title– a whole lot more– over the coming months, most likely leading up to a major presence at E3.
One thing we do know thanks to a post via Twitter, is that the game will feature a new engine built in-house, rather than reusing the Gamebryo that has been responsible for Bethesda’s biggest hits recently, including both of the current Fallout games, as well as Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be released on November 11, 2011 (11/11/11).
- Start your 57th character when ‘Skyrim VR’ hits Rift and Vive this April
- ‘Doom’ Nintendo Switch update finally adds motion controls
- Playing games on the Nintendo Switch is so nice, you’ll buy your games twice
- Check out 30 of the best iPhone games you need to be playing
- ‘The Evil Within 2’ can now be played as a first-person survival horror game