Read our full The Evil Within review.
Bethesda Softworks confirms that The Evil Within will be coming to PlayStation and Xbox consoles, as well as PC, on August 26 in North America and August 29 in Europe. The survival horror game is the latest from Shinji Mikami, creator of the Resident Evil series, and his team at Tango Gameworks. The Mikami-founded Japan studio opened in 2010 and was quickly acquired by Bethesda parent ZeniMax Media. The Evil Within is its first effort.
We liked what we saw when we got our first look at the game in 2013. The story follows detective Sebastian Castellanos as he attempts to uncover the mysterious force that’s trapped him in a monster-filled world. It’s a little bit Resident Evil, a little bit Silent Hill. There’s lots of blood and lots of resource-hoarding as you fight to stay alive. Sounds like a pleasant way to cap off the summer, doesn’t it?
We’ll surely be hearing more about The Evil Within as the release draws closer. For now, tide yourself over with this creepy release date Vine.
- Everything we know about Ghostwire: Tokyo
- Bethesda reveals Ghostwire Tokyo, a horror game from The Evil Within devs
- Here is what Bethesda showed during its E3 2019 press conference
- ‘The Evil Within 2’ can now be played as a first-person survival horror game
- Stay alive in Union with the help of our 'The Evil Within 2' beginner's guide