The open beta for Turtle Rock Studios Evolve will be coming exclusively to Xbox One in January 2015, as the studio confirmed during an appearance at Microsoft’s Gamescom 2014 press briefing. The beta had previously been set for fall 2014, but the game’s recent delay to 2015 prompted a change in plans for the beta.
Evolve is a cooperative/competitive hunting game in which four human, player-controller hunters take on one player-controlled monster in a range of alien environments that teem with AI-driven extra-terrestrial life. It’s an evolution of the ideas that Turtle Rock introduced in it’s co-op-focused Left 4 Dead, and what we’ve seen so far seems like a lot of fun.
Evolve comes to PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One worldwide on February 10, 2015.
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered’ is coming to PS4, Xbox One
- ‘Monster Hunter: World’ costumes will be up for grabs in ‘Street Fighter V’
- ‘Forza Horizon 3’ studio is reportedly working on a new Fable game
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now