The open beta for Turtle Rock Studios Evolve will be coming exclusively to Xbox One in January 2015, as the studio confirmed during an appearance at Microsoft’s Gamescom 2014 press briefing. The beta had previously been set for fall 2014, but the game’s recent delay to 2015 prompted a change in plans for the beta.
Evolve is a cooperative/competitive hunting game in which four human, player-controller hunters take on one player-controlled monster in a range of alien environments that teem with AI-driven extra-terrestrial life. It’s an evolution of the ideas that Turtle Rock introduced in it’s co-op-focused Left 4 Dead, and what we’ve seen so far seems like a lot of fun.
Evolve comes to PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One worldwide on February 10, 2015.
- The best indie games on Xbox One
- The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is finally launching quite soon
- Xbox Game Pass is knocking it out of the park this month
- The best multiplayer games on the Xbox Series X
- Kao the Kangaroo shows how no game is ever truly dead