F.E.A.R. 3 is hoping to stand out with its online multiplayer game types. Rather than the traditional game modes like team deathmatch and the like, F.E.A.R. 3 is trying out a few new ideas. The latest of these is “Soul Survivor.”
In “Soul Survivor,” four people are put together, but one of them is a specter. Your goal as a F.E.A.R. team member is to survive, while the goal of a specter is to infect the F.E.A.R. team.
“Soul Survivor” is joined by three other online multiplayer modes: “Soul King,” where you collect souls from dead enemies and try to kill the leader, “Contractions,” a four player co-op mode which has you face waves of increasingly difficult enemies while the fog thickens and viability drops, and “F*#@ing Run,” a cooperative game where you fight enemies while running from Alma’s “Wall of death.”
Check out “Soul Survivor” and all the other game modes when F.E.A.R. 3 is due out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on June 21.
[Warning: The following trailer may not be suitable for all ages]
- Dominate multiplayer with our ‘Destiny 2’ Crucible guide
- Cue the fireworks: ‘Overwatch’ Lunar New Year event has arrived
- Select gamers can try out new ‘War’ mode for ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’
- Portrait Mode test: Can any smartphone beat the iPhone X?
- 9 Nintendo Switch games you should play in handheld mode