Ubisoft has announced Far Cry 4, coming November 21 to the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Windows PCs. Confirming rumors from a few months back, the game will be set across the dramatic vistas of the Himalayas.
Specifically, the action will take place in the fictional region of Kyrat, “a breathtaking, perilous and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic self-appointed king.” Following the huge success of Far Cry 3, this latest installment aims to be “the most expansive and immersive Far Cry experience ever.”
A Limited Edition is now available for pre-order, and includes Hurk’s Redemption, a set of three missions featuring a returning character from Far Cry 3‘s DLC, as well as access to his signature harpoon gun, “The Impaler.”
The first gameplay trailer will be shown at E3 and available online here on June 9 at 3:00 p.m. PST.
- Get ‘Far Cry 3: Classic Edition’ for free with purchase of ‘Far Cry 5’ season pass
- ‘Far Cry 5’ brings back the series’ map editor, and it’s deeper than ever
- ‘Far Cry 5’ on PC will support multi-GPU configurations, 4K at 60 fps
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- Xbox One X vs. PlayStation 4 Pro: Clash of the Titans