The 2014 DICE Awards are set for February 6 in Las Vegas to close out the 2014 DICE Summit, and the show will be hosted by Felicia Day and Freddie Wong, the Academy of Arts and Sciences confirms. You can find the nominees here, and you’ll be able to watch the show live, via Twitch.
The DICE Summit – DICE is shorthand for the conference’s four keynotes: Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain – takes place on February 4-6 at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Along with the awards, the show will feature a variety of speakers, several of whom have been confirmed so far. That lineup includes Oculus Rift inventor Palmer Luckey along with Oculus VR CEO Brendan Iribe, Resident Evil and Street Fighter creator Keiji Inafune, and Hilmar Veigar Petursson, CEO of EVE Online developer CCP Games.
This year marks the 17th annual D.I.C.E. Summit. Last year, J.J. Abrams and Gabe Newell delivered one of the show’s marquee keynotes in which they revealed that Abrams’ production company Bad Robot and Newell’s gaming giant Valve were teaming up to make games and films together.
We may not get quite as jaw-dropping an announcement at this year’s event, but there will be plenty of big surprises. Check back with us during the show, as we report to you live from Las Vegas.
- Apple orders new series from ‘Whiplash’ and ‘La La Land’ director
- Gabe Newell says Valve currently has multiple games in development
- Get your pickaxe ready: The next MineCon Earth show streams in September
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Twitter’s #BrandBowl puts Super Bowl ads in their own game