Based off a study of over 2,000 adults paid for by GameHouse and conducted by Harris Interactive, females that play online games have a healthier social life and more frequent sexual activity than female gamers that don’t play online. Specifically, 42 percent of female online gamers socialize in-person with at least 1 person a day while only 31 percent of female non-online gamers do the same. Eighty-six percent of female online gamers are also active on social networks like Facebook and Twitter while only 71 percent of female non-online gamers use social networks.
In regards to sex, 57 percent of female online gamers have sex while 52 percent of female non-online gamers are sexually active. In addition, 38 percent of female online gamers have sex at least once a week. Seven out of ten of female online gamers are happy with their relationship status and nearly two-thirds are married. Twenty-two percent never married and 14 percent are separated, divorced or widowed. When it comes to physical activity, 38 percent of female online gamers play sports or work out while only 34 percent of female non-online gamers do the same. The most common reasons for wanting to play online games include relieving stress, alleviating boredom or simply looking for a mental break. Only 16 percent of respondents play online games to connect with other people.
Approximately 55 percent of female online gamers say that online games make them happy and 50 percent feel smarter when playing online games. Thirty-eight percent of female online gamers have children under the age of eighteen and 61 percent of female online gamers play between 8 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. each day. At 35 percent of respondents, the largest concentration of female online gamers is in the South and the age of female online gamers skews older. While 36 percent of female online gamers are between the ages of 18 and 34, the remaining 64 percent are at least 35 years old.
- Google Play’s Change the Game is here to empower women in mobile gaming
- These are all the Nintendo Switch games with console and PC crossplay
- ‘Dreams’ is a game about making games, and it goes as deep as you want
- U.S. Copyright Office considering exemption for abandoned online games
- Ubisoft’s ‘Sam’ A.I. wants to help you play video games