UPDATE: To absolutely no one’s surprise, the accidentally-published-then-removed news of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD releasing on March 17, 2015 in North America was legitimate. That’s the date the game is coming out, and it will indeed include a playable demo of Final Fantasy XV, as described below (via Game Informer).
ORIGINAL POST: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is reportedly set for release in North America on March 17, 2015, according to a published-then-removed Game Informer post (via NeoGAF). The news item also notes that the PlayStation 4/Xbox One game will include a playable demo of Final Fantasy XV.
The demo will apparently be called Episode Duscae, and it will focus on the earlier parts of the game, altered slightly to create a more cohesvie, standalone experience. Final Fantasy Type-0 was released in Japan for PlayStation Portable in 2011. It was originally announced as Final Fantasy Agito XIII, but was split off on its own after Final Fantasy XIII‘s lukewarm reception. Final Fantasy XV was similarly called Final Fantasy Versus XIII when first announced, but was upgraded to its own number in 2013.
We will update this story if/when Square Enix provides firm information.
- Cloud will look quite different next time we see ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’
- ‘Final Fantasy XV’ gets ‘Royal Edition’ complete with first-person mode
- Swap between characters in ‘Final Fantasy XV’ with a new update in December
- The PC version of ‘Final Fantasy XV’ lets you play as Half-Life’s Gordon Freeman
- Final Fantasy is being turned into a VR roller-coaster ride in Japan