UPDATE: To absolutely no one’s surprise, the accidentally-published-then-removed news of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD releasing on March 17, 2015 in North America was legitimate. That’s the date the game is coming out, and it will indeed include a playable demo of Final Fantasy XV, as described below (via Game Informer).
ORIGINAL POST: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is reportedly set for release in North America on March 17, 2015, according to a published-then-removed Game Informer post (via NeoGAF). The news item also notes that the PlayStation 4/Xbox One game will include a playable demo of Final Fantasy XV.
The demo will apparently be called Episode Duscae, and it will focus on the earlier parts of the game, altered slightly to create a more cohesvie, standalone experience. Final Fantasy Type-0 was released in Japan for PlayStation Portable in 2011. It was originally announced as Final Fantasy Agito XIII, but was split off on its own after Final Fantasy XIII‘s lukewarm reception. Final Fantasy XV was similarly called Final Fantasy Versus XIII when first announced, but was upgraded to its own number in 2013.
We will update this story if/when Square Enix provides firm information.
- PlayStation Classic arrives this December with ‘Final Fantasy VII’ in tow
- ‘Final Fantasy XV’ mod remembers the RPG’s canceled DLC and features
- ‘Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers’ to launch next summer with gunblades, Viera
- ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ director sets record straight on game’s progress
- ‘Final Fantasy XV’ dev claims Nvidia’s new card greatly improves performance