A new batch of challenges is live for Fortnite season 5, week 7, and while most of them are self-explanatory, a couple of them can be a little tricky. One that will likely cause a bit of trouble is the first challenge from Ragnarok, which requires you to collect books from Holly Hedges and Sweaty Sands. There are five in total, and they spawn at fixed locations.
To complete this challenge, you must collect all five books, and keep in mind that they can be collected in any order across multiple matches. One thing you should be aware of, though, is that this week, challenge progress seems to be bugged. Epic Games is aware of the issue — the company is “investigating” it and will “provide an update as [they] have more info.”
With that being said, here are all five locations of the books required to complete the Fortnite challenge.
- Fortnite season 5 week 6 challenge guide: How to signal the Coral Buddies
- Fortnite season 5 week 6 challenge guide: How to blow up fishing holes at Sharky Shell, Sweaty Sands, or Flopper Pond
- Fortnite fishing hole locations: Blow up fishing holes at Lazy Lake Island, Lake Canoe, and Steamy Stacks
Books in Holly Hedges
Remember, you can grab these books in any order. We started with Holly Hedges first, but you can hit up Sweaty Sands before if you’d like. As long as you collect all five, you’ll gain credit (after the progression bug is fixed, of course).
Here are the book locations in Holly Hedges.
The first one is found on the bottom floor of the northern-most house in Holly Hedges. It’s on the ground next to a bookshelf.
The next one is to the east, in a house on the corner. Again, this one is on the ground floor and is located by a window to the right of the main entrance.
The final book of this area is found to the south of the previous one, inside the southeastern-most house of Holly Hedges. It’s located to the right of the fireplace, in the room to the left of the main entrance.
Books in Sweaty Sands
Next up is Sweaty Sands, and there are two books to collect here.
Grab the first book in the middle house, on the southern portion of Sweaty Sands. Open the front door, and you’ll find it sitting behind the bed, next to the counter.
The final book is just east of the previous one, across the street. It’s found in the southeastern-most house in Sweaty Sands, on the bottom floor, next to the stairs.
Grab it, and you’ll gain credit for completing the challenge, along with 20,000 XP. Remember, you might have trouble with the quest actually registering progress, so if this happens, do not be alarmed — Epic Games is currently working on a fix. You might want to wait until the day after the challenges go live to actually start them, just in case.
- Fortnite challenge guide: Where to find literature samples
- Fortnite challenge guide: Eliminate Raptor, Zenith, or Blackheart
- Fortnite challenge guide: Collect chocolate boxes from Pleasant Park, Holly Hedges, or Retail Row
- Fortnite season 5 week 7 challenges and how to complete them
- Fortnite challenge guide: Catch fish at Camp Cod, Lake Canoe, or Stealthy Stronghold