Dead Kings, the first downloadable content expansion for Assassin’s Creed Unity, is out on January 13, available as a free download for everyone who bought the game on PlayStation 4, Windows, or Xbox One, according to Ubisoft. The expansion is being given away as an apology for the technical difficulties that plagued the game at launch.
As Unity protagonist Arno Dorian’s story continues, he leaves Paris for the nearby city of Saint Denis, famed for the Royal Necropolis beneath its basilica. Armed with a powerful, new Guillotine Gun, he needs to be careful as he probes the crypt depths for their mysteries while avoiding traps and a new enemy, Raiders. Above ground, Saint Denis also has a selection of quests and cooperative missions to keep players occupied.
People that had already purchased the Season Pass, which included Dead Kings, have been offered a free game from a selection of Ubisoft’s catalog (in addition to Dead Kings and any other content covered under the DLC pre-order).
Note that accepting the game comes with a catch, however: Doing so waives your right to take legal action in the future about anything regarding Assassin’s Creed Unity and its DLC.
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered’ is coming to PS4, Xbox One
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Origins’ will soon offer New Game+ mode
- Have cash to spare? Pick up this $500 Assassin’s Creed figurine
- ‘Far Cry 5’ brings back the series’ map editor, and it’s deeper than ever
- Ubisoft’s ‘Sam’ A.I. wants to help you play video games