Fuse has undergone a few changes since it was first debuted back at E3 2011. Or at least we think it has. Originally debuted under the fist-pumping, machismo dripping title OverStrike, Insomniac Games, the makers of the Ratchet & Clank and Resistance series, redubbed it Fuse. Because apparently fuses are cooler than strikes. Beyond that, they may have made other significant changes as well, but we have no real way to compare.
But the past is gone, and the future is what’s important. Recently Insomniac released the first mission briefing of the game to give us an idea of what to expect. And yet still, we are somewhat in the dark.
The game is a third-person shooter with a heavy emphasis on co-op play, and it will be set in the near future. There are four primary characters to play, each with their own skill set, and there will be group of some sort that wants to destroy the Earth for whatever reason.
Although the description and title are steeped, then deep fried in a generic batter, the game itself has one of the best developers in the industry behind it. The images released today give us a hint of what to expect, but prepare yourselves for plenty more about this game as it heads to PS3 and Xbox 360 next March.
- The best game-streaming services
- Spyro Collection or ‘Black Ops’? Activision has more remasters for 2018
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- The History of Battle Royale: From Mod to Worldwide Phenomenon
- ‘State of Decay 2’ spreads its infection to Xbox One and PC this May