Add another control option to the list for Nintendo’s Wii U. In honor of the coming Super Smash Bros. revival, due to arrive on the console this winter, the company has announced a GameCube Controller Adapter. Apparently powered by two USB cords plugged into the front of the Wii U, the adapter allows for four wired controllers from the older console to be connected.
Nintendo revealed the peripheral on its official Twitter feed:
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) May 29, 2014
There’s no word on release plans, pricing, or anything of that nature — just the photo — and Nintendo has declined requests for comment. We’ll likely learn more at E3 in a couple weeks, especially with Nintendo hosting a Smash Bros. tournament at the show.
- 10 new characters we want to see in ‘Super Smash Bros. for Switch’
- Report names Bandai Namco as the developer behind ‘Metroid Prime 4’
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ is coming to Nintendo Switch with the Inklings in tow
- Latest Nintendo Switch update lets you find friends through social media
- Paid Nintendo Switch Online service is now planned for September launch