Sony is revamping and revisioning the universe of Planetside, which originally came out back in 2003. The new Planetside 2 immerses players in an online multiplayer first-person experience that will be free to play.
The game pits players against each other in a planet-wide war between three different factions: the Terran Republic, a high-tech military force with familiar tanks and guns that shoot bullets, the New Conglomerate — a scavenger army that patches together equipment and weapons with anything they can find — and finally, the Vanu Sovereignty, which utilize energy-based weapons from plundered alien tech.
We were able to get a hands-on look at Sony’s Planetside 2 during GDC 2012, for a more in-depth look at the game check it out here.
At the moment there is no release date but you can expect to see the MMOFPS on PC.
- Wage war on a budget with 10 fun and free first-person shooters for PC and Mac
- The second ‘Destiny 2’ expansion, ‘Warmind,’ arrives May 8
- ‘Destiny 2’ Legendary Shards guide: What they are and how to get them
- ‘Shadow of the Colossus’ Remake review
- ‘Borderlands 3’: News, rumors, and everything we know