The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt‘s opening cinematic,released recently by developer CD Projekt Red, is an action-packed peek at the story of the upcoming game. Gritty series protagonist Geralt of Rivia and his even grittier mentor Vesemir pursue Geralt’s long-lost love, a sorceress named Yennefer Venengerberg (presumably pronounced like Mr. Chekov saying “Jennifer”).
The trailer alternates between Yennefer making her way through a heated battlefield and Geralt tracking her course through the aftermath. The battle is ugly–a horse gets decapitated in the opening moments–but Yennefer is no wilting lily. Her deadly raven familiar and some explosive earth magic make apparent that she’s the most dangerous person out there in the melee.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is scheduled to arrive on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on February 24, 2015.
- The Witcher’s Geralt of Rivia to appear in ‘SoulCalibur VI’
- Feel the love this Valentine’s Day with these 11 romantic video games
- The script for the pilot episode of Netflix’s ‘Witcher’ is finished
- DT Daily: What’s ‘Next’ for No Man’s Sky’s big universe?
- What’s new on Netflix and what’s leaving in April 2018