Although this is still unconfirmed, and therefore technically a rumor, there is a strong indication that Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will be released on March 6, the same day as Mass Effect 3 and the rebooted XCOM.
The news doesn’t come from Ubisoft, so the info could be incorrect or just changed, but Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop and Wal-Mart all have the game due on March 6, according to GameSpot, who first spotted the listing.
The time frame would make sense. A beta has been announced for January, exclusively for the Xbox 360. The game made an impression back at E3 2010. And then again at E3 2011. Thankfully it looks like it will not make a splash at E3 2012.
The date means it will face some stiff competition, especially against Mass Effect 3, but the Tom Clancy games have loyal fans, and this will mark the first Ghost Recon game since 2007.
- Xbox One X vs. PlayStation 4 Pro: Clash of the titans
- PlayStation Classic includes ‘Metal Gear Solid’ and ‘Grand Theft Auto’
- Open-world video games are getting too big for their own good
- Censorship controversy surrounds international version of Rainbow Six Siege
- Blizzard denies that ‘Diablo 4’ reveal was dropped from BlizzCon