UPDATE: Following Sony’s E3 press conference announcement, Rockstar issued a press release confirming that Grand Theft Auto V will be coming to PC and Xbox One in addition to PlayStation 4 this fall. As with the PS4 version, players will have the option of carrying over their GTA Online save data from either PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 to any of the newly supported platforms.
ORIGINAL POST: Grand Theft Auto V came along late in the console cycle for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 but still set record numbers in sales. Now developer Rockstar can claim it also got in on the ground floor of the next generation, as Sony announced at E3 2014 that Grand Theft Auto V will be available for PlayStation 4.
The latest installment of the popular GTA franchise was rumored to be making its way to the next generation, and Sony validated those rumors by showing off game footage captured on the PS4. Sony is promising the title won’t just be a port and will include “a host of enhancements.” Gamers who invested plenty of hours into the game on the previous generation consoles will be happy to know that they can transfer your existing progress and multiplayer characters.
No official release date was announced during the showing of Grand Theft Auto 5 for the PS4, but Sony says it will be available in the fall of 2014.
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered’ is coming to PS4, Xbox One
- Loot boxes may be coming to Xbox Live in a rumored Career system
- ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ is coming to mobile, but there’s a catch
- Time to go Super Saiyan: Dragon Ball FighterZ open beta coming in January
- ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ still burning rubber after 4 years, tops sales of 90 million