E3 is usually about the latest and the greatest in gaming, but every now and then there’s a chance to revisit the past. For fans of the adventure games of old are going to get a chance to revisit one of the most beloved titles of the genre. Grim Fandango will be remastered exclusively for the PS4 and Vita.
From the mind of Tim Schafer, Grim Fandango was initially released under the LucasArts label in 1998 along with other cult classics like Sam and Max and Monkey Island. Now over a decade and a half removed from that original debut, the quirky and dark adventure game will make its reappearance on the latest generation of Sony consoles.
The announcement came with a note from fan named “Sally,” but truly came from Tim Schafer himself. Given Tim’s success with his Kickstarter campaign in 2012 that raised over $3 million, there are plenty of fans of Schafer’s work, Grim Fandango included.
No information was given as to a release date for the remastered version of Grim Fandango.
- Lara Croft leaps for her life in the first ‘Tomb Raider’ clips
- Ryo Hazuki returns as ‘Shenmue I & II’ launches on PS4, Xbox One, and PC in 2018
- The 20 best Nintendo Switch games you can buy today
- Solve crimes adorably when ‘Detective Pikachu’ launches this March
- AMC will host the ultimate Marvel marathon before ‘Avengers: Infinity War’