343 Industries dropped a bomb on Halo Fest attendees this past weekend, revealing that Halo 4, revealed earlier this summer in an E3 trailer, would kick off “The Reclaimer Trilogy,” continuing the story of series protagonist Master Chief and his AI sidekick Cortana. That plot thread has been sidelined in recent years as Bungie wrapped up its commitments to the franchise it created with Halo: ODST and Halo: Reach.
The weekend gathering was far too early for 343 to reveal anything from inside the game, but the studio prepped a couple of behind-the-scenes videos to calm Halo-hungry fans. There’s a general “Halo is awesome!” clip that opened the headlining Halo Fest panel, along with two videos, focusing on the game’s concept art and sound design, respectively. I’d also like to take a moment to point out that this might be the first ever behind-the-scenes video game footage to feature a homemade potato cannon.
- Microsoft’s E3 2018 showcase may break from the typical formula
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now
- Lego ‘Stranger Things’ video re-creates season 2’s best scenes
- Stanford’s VR experience puts you in the shoes of one of California’s homeless
- Xbox ‘CosPups’ is the most adorable thing you’ll see today