The creators of the Halo franchise are gearing up for their upcoming release of Halo 4, with the live action web series Forward Unto Dawn, the first teaser of which recently debuted on Machinima and via Halo Waypoint. While this is surely exciting news for fans of the series, you’re likely to be disappointed by the lack of action in the trailer–but I guess that’s why they call it a teaser. Rather than showing us a jaw-dropping, slow-motion alien gun battle on a foreign planet, all we get in this trailer is a few flashes of empty bullet casings on the floor, some eerie military chanting, and a lackluster climax where Master Chief just turns around. Be sure to check back in the next few days though, as the full official trailer for the series is expected to be released at Comic Con in San Diego on July 12th. The five-part series will debut in October on Machinima’s YouTube channel.
- Olympus teaser shares glimpse of OM-D camera that’s good for more than sports
- All the Halo games ranked from best to worst
- New X-Men: Dark Phoenix trailer delivers big action and a huge spoiler
- Atlus debuts teaser for ‘Persona 5 R’ for PlayStation 4, promises more in March
- War looms large in first, full Game of Thrones season 8 trailer