Check out our review of InFamous: Second Son.
When it comes to making the most of the environmental visuals in the PlayStation 4’s upcoming exclusive, Infamous: Second Son, developer Sucker Punch has something of an advantage. The game is set in Seattle, WA, not far from the dev’s headquarters in the suburb of Bellvue, and that personal experience will be seen in the game.
The PlayStation 4 offers several advantages in terms of graphics, all of which will help to make the digital version of Seattle more realistic. It tends to rain there in real life – a lot – and that creates a series of unique environmental challenges. The rain itself is a technical feat, and with the PS4’s GPU, the devs are able to take what we’ve seen before one step further. Once the rain dissipates, puddles remain. When the conditions are right, fog hangs over the city. When the sun appears following a shower, you’ll squint your eyes at the flare.
Check out the video below for more detail on how Sucker Punch recreated Seattle for the PS4.
Like the previous games in the series, Infamous: Second Son will be a PlayStation exclusive when it’s released on March 21, 2014.
- Home improvement made easy: Five ways to find a wall stud
- ‘Star Wars Battlefront II’ patch introduces explosive new game mode
- Luxury on the links: Arizona course rolls out high-tech golf cart of the future
- Lost and found: Here’s how to locate your iPhone when it goes missing
- Find out how to keep tabs on your phone with these helpful tracking tips