You know a video game has gone mainstream when it’s mentioned in a talk show host’s opening monologue — and you know it’s a really big deal when it gets a full-fledged parody.
During last night’s episode of The Tonight Show, Jay Leno paid tribute to the arrival of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 with his own take on “The Vet & The Noob” ad that originally featured actors Sam Worthington and Jonah Hill. In Leno’s version of the ad, he’s paired with Worthington for an explosive introduction to the game that ends with Leno firing a rocket at the Ed Sullivan Theater, where The Late Show with David Letterman is filmed.
The ad simply superimposes Leno’s head over Hill’s in the original ad, but it’s still a nice reminder of just how big of a deal this week’s release of Modern Warfare 3 really is.
- Did this comic listing reveal ‘Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 3’?
- ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered’ reportedly on the way
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 is coming! Here’s everything we know so far
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now