Disney is working with Warner Bros. and developer TT Games, and together they’re bringing the vision of Lego Star Wars characters to life. That means all of the stupid and edgy puns you can muster along with some of the most playful narratives among all game franchises. The game will contain exclusive content that binds Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens together, but we wouldn’t bet on it being canon considering the series history of making fun of the franchises it takes on.
Players looking for something more than just a trailer, and who happen to own a PlayStation 4, can download an exclusive demo for the game from the PlayStation Store today. Included in the demo are Blaster Battles where you utilize the environment by unknown means to drive back the invading First Order. If you’re more of a space fan, there will also be high-speed dogfights in space, and you can make use of a variety of different vehicles including the Millennium Falcon.
The first Lego Star Wars game was released back in 2005 and the series has been a runaway success ever since. To date the Lego Star Wars franchise has sold over 30 million copies worldwide.
Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens will premiere for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PS3, PS Vita, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and PC platforms on 26 June.
- GameStop’s pre-owned bundle deals are the best way to experience classic games
- Everything we know about the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake
- Everything we know about God of War: Ragnarok
- Everything we saw at the PlayStation Showcase: God of War, Wolverine, and more
- Knights of the Old Republic is getting a PS5 remake