Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced they were bringing the classic puzzle gaming Lemmings to the PlayStation Portable. The game, first introduced in 1991, celebrates its 15th anniversary as it gets ready to hit the portable gaming device May 23.
In Lemmings on the PSP, said SCEA, players guide masses of little green-haired creatures through various maze-like levels that have an entrance point and an exit point. Quick thinking and skillful management of the Lemmings group is critical because Lemmings features more than 150 levels, including more than 20 all-new puzzles created specifically for the PSP. In addition, the game will host a new mix of music, custom level creation, new detailed graphics and wireless capability to share newly created levels.
“Lemmings delivers a very unique and addictive style of puzzle gameplay that players of all ages can enjoy,” said Susan Nourai, director, online and product marketing, Sony Computer Entertainment America, in a statement. “As the franchise turns 15 this year, we are happy to see the enduring appeal it has for fans around the world and are thrilled that today’s generation will be able to experience the excitement of Lemmings on PSP.”
- A few more days gone: PlayStation 4 exclusive ‘Days Gone’ delayed to 2019
- High-end gaming comes to CES with MSI’s curved gaming monitors
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- 20 awesome indie games you should be playing right now
- Dear game designers: Please rip off these brilliant game ideas from 2017