The distinctive helmet worn by Halo’s star space marine, Master Chief, has been produced as a replica many times over the years, but never as a proper piece of safety gear for motorcycle enthusiasts. Until now.
Toys and collectibles manufacturer NECA is all set to start selling the Master Chief Modular Motorcycle Helmet, which complies with Department of Transportation safety specifications for street use. The limited edition helmet — which comes in four sizes, from small to extra large — has all the features that a rider might want, including a UV-coated visor, front and rear vents for reduced fogging and comfort, and an easy-open design made for people wearing motorcycle gloves.
There’s no price listed yet, nor is there even a finished, physical product to show off, but NECA expects to begin shipping the helmet in July 2015.
- Keep your noggin protected in style with this 3D-printed bike helmet
- Vanderhall Carmel adds creature comforts to the basic three-wheeler formula
- Indian’s dominating flat-track racer just showed up as a performance street bike
- This smart helmet from Swagtron keeps skiers and snowboarders safer
- Withings Steel HR Sport Review