When you have the rights to a franchise like Lord of the Rings, there are a lot of options when it comes to extras. There is an entire world in place, both through the movies and the mounds of stories, histories and information that Tolkien wrote about Middle Earth. The fans are legion, and the property is rich in the mythos of the world.
To commemorate the release of Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Snowblind are releasing a Collector’s Edition of the game for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. With the exception of the digital content, both packages are the same, and both are filled with all kinds of coolness that should appeal to fans of the property.
The Collector’s Edition includes:
- The Lord of the Rings: War in the North game (naturally).
- Digital Content: Xbox 360 users will receive the “Ranger of the North” outfit for your avatar, while PS3 users will receive the War in the North Theme pack—including wallpaper, fonts, icons and more.
- A DVD including a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the music for the game, as well as three tracks from the soundtrack.
- A book filled with the art from the game.
- A leather Ranger quiver that includes two arrows that act as the borders for a cloth map of Middle Earth.
The Lord of the Rings: War for the North Collector’s Edition is available on November 1, and will run you $139.99.
- Ubisoft’s open-world racer ‘The Crew 2’ adds planes and boats, debuts in June
- Naked but never nihilistic, Starsailor charts a course for indie soul
- Here’s everything we know about ‘The Predator’ movie
- The History of the Madden Curse
- ‘Alto’s Odyssey’ aims to amplify adventure, without sacrificing serenity