Nintendo’s release line up for the Wii U over the first three months of 2013 isn’t super exciting, with little more than a new version of Monster Hunter 3 and LEGO City Undercover to keep players entertained. The Nintendo 3DS, on the other hand, has a slick line up, the cherry on top of which is Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon. The sequel to one of Nintendo’s best Gamecube games has been in the making for years, and it’ll finally be out in March. According to Nintendo’s recently updated homepage for the game, it’ll bring more to the series than just new mansions full of ornery ghosts. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark of the Moon has got multiplayer!
“With so many new places to explore, all new ways to capture ghosts, and a brand new local multiplayer mode, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon is another star turn for Mario’s heroic brother,” reads the copy.
Nintendo has been previewing playable builds of Luigi’s Mansion for over a year now, but there has been no mention of a multiplayer mode before now. The site doesn’t offer any details, but in a game where you spend your time sucking up ghosts with a vacuum cleaner, it’s not hard to imagine a competitive multiplayer mode or two.
The last time Digital Trends got its hands on Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon was during a preview event at the end of June. It was excellent.
- The 20 best Nintendo Switch games you can buy today
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- What was ‘Pokémon Stars?’: Everything we know about the rumored Switch game
- The best video games for couples to play on Valentine’s Day
- Who cares about loot? For ‘Sea of Thieves,’ Rare hid the real fun in the hijinks