The latest iteration of 2K’s basketball franchise NBA 2K11 will feature a new game mode called The Jordan Challenge. Players will be able to play as the cover boy in 10 of his most legendary games and will be challenged to repeat the same feats that his Airness accomplished on the court during those games.
“Fans of the series are going to be thrilled to know that in NBA 2K11 Michael Jordan is much, much more than just a cover athlete,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “We’re excited to start talking about the ways that Michael will be used in the game and there’s still a lot more to come.”
While playing The Jordan Challenge, fans can try to stun the world in Jordan’s self-described greatest game by torching the Cavaliers by 69 points in March of 1990; attempt to battle back from the flu to defeat the Jazz in Game 6 of the 1997 finals; or leave the world wanting more as they relive one of Jordan’s finest performances during his last game as a Chicago Bull on June 14, 1998. In addition to The Jordan Challenge mode, gamers will have the unique opportunity to play as some of the greatest teams in NBA history, including the ‘85-’86, ’89-’90, ’90-’91, ’94-’95, ’95-’96, ’96-’97, and ’97-’98 Chicago Bulls.
Check out the video below to see digital Jordan in action.
- Major League Soccer and ‘FIFA 18’ team up to create an esports league
- For ‘Black Panther’ star Michael B. Jordan, Killmonger isn’t just another villain
- While Nike dominated the sneaker industry, hip-hop allowed Reebok to stay relevant
- The History of the Madden Curse
- A ‘Duke Nukem’ movie is actually in the works, and it could star John Cena