According to a Korean press release that Engadget got a hold of and translated, Microsoft has reportedly struck a deal with 3D television maker LG to jointly market Xbox 360 3D games with LG’s 3D TVs.
Bundles of the 55- and 47-inch LX9500 LED TV and an Xbox 360 will be released this June in South Korea. If successful, the bundle will spread throughout Asia, and eventually hit the U.S., although no timetable has been released.
The news isn’t surprising- Sony has already committed to updating the PlayStation 3’s firmware to support 3D gaming– but it is still good news for gamers.
The announcement did not say whether the 3D capabilities will be due to new hardware or a firmware update, but more details should be released in the coming weeks.
- Best 3D printer deals for December 2021
- The best video game consoles for 2021
- LG UltraGear GP9 review: The best gaming speaker you shouldn’t buy
- The best upcoming Xbox Series X games
- Need a last-minute Halloween costume? Check out these 3D-printable getups