“That means no more NFL Fever, NHL Rivals or Inside Drive titles for Xbox owners, although the firm’s more successful and critically acclaimed Links (golf) and Amped (snowboarding) titles and development teams have apparently survived the cull.
The future of the Xbox sports team has been in doubt since early this year when Microsoft announced that it would not be releasing any sports titles this coming autumn – citing quality concerns and promising to return to market with more rounded product at a later date.”
With Electronic Arts finally producing games for the Xbox, it probably makes sense to cut their own first party sports games which traditionally have received mediocre reviews.
Read more at Gamesindustry.biz
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?
- More than 2 million pirates have set sail in ‘Sea of Thieves’
- Check out the best Xbox One deals and bundles for April 2018
- ‘Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite’ is now part of the Xbox Play Anywhere program
- Microsoft’s revival of ‘Inside Xbox’ news show kicks off on March 10