Microsoft today announced that their first ever free weekend of Xbox Live Gold level access would be made available to Xbox 360 owners courtesy of Verizon. The Free Xbox Live Gold Weekend is set to happen March 31 through April 2.
During Free Xbox Live Gold Weekend, said Microsoft, Xbox 360 owners will be able to take part in online events like a 72-hour multiplayer schedule of some of the platform’s â€œmost excitingâ€ titles, Xbox Live Arcade leaderboard tournaments, Xbox Live Play and Win contests and Xbox Live veterans hosting new games. Additionally, a one million Microsoft Points giveaway will be happening to offer gamers the chances to win online credits redeemable for Xbox Live Marketplace digital downloadable content.
“The Verizon sponsorship is a gaming platform first, demonstrating that online gaming through Xbox Live is a proven form of mainstream entertainment,” said Peter Moore, corporate vice president of the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft, in a statement. “We commend Verizon for providing Xbox 360 gamers with the opportunity to play exciting new games with or against anyone, anywhere, for free.”
- March’s Xbox Games With Gold freebies arrive a day early
- Get ‘Crazy Taxi’ and assassinate in 2D with February’s Xbox Games With Gold
- ‘State of Decay 2’ spreads its infection to Xbox One and PC this May
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?
- April’s free Xbox Games With Gold include ‘The Witness’ and ‘Dead Space 2’