The World Cyber Games, an annual global game competition, yesterday announced they’d secured computer software giant Microsoft to sponsor their global tournament through 2008. Through this deal, Microsoft will become the premier sponsor of the WCG, providing hardware, software and marketing support for the events.
Under the terms of the agreement, said the World Cyber Games, Microsoft Windows and Xbox 360 will be the exclusive gaming platforms for the PC and console. Microsoft will provide games, consoles, Xbox Live online game service, and peripheral equipment for all WCG events. Microsoft will also supply players with â€œstate-of-the-artâ€ consoles at WCG events.
“We are very happy to announce Microsoft’s status as a premier sponsor of the WCG for the next three years,” said Hank Jeong, CEO of International Cyber Marketing, in a statement. “Microsoft’s support for the WCG further validates the growing global popularity of e-Sports. Having Microsoft as a partner reinforces the WCG’s position as a pioneer of competitive gaming and as the premier event in global e-Sports.”
- Chinese tech giant Alibaba joins Coke, Visa as a major Olympic sponsor
- Xbox One X vs. PlayStation 4 Pro: Clash of the Titans
- Xbox Game Pass to get all future first-party Xbox One games at release
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?
- Microsoft’s revival of ‘Inside Xbox’ news show kicks off on March 10