A Microsoft-owned trademark for something called “Forzavista” was discovered by Siliconera just one day before the scheduled reveal of the next-gen Xbox console. The trademark’s category filing is IC 009, a designation normally reserved for games and software.It is unlikely, however, that Forzavista is the name of the series’ next game, based on the trademark description.
The listing describes Forzavista as “a feature of interactive video game software which allows players to obtain statistical information of internal and external features of a vehicle and to virtually navigate and operate those vehicles.” Forza Motorsport 4 had a feature called Autovista that allowed players to examine cars in great detail, and it sounds like Forzavista is similar.
A Forza reveal during Microsoft’s Xbox reveal tomorrow wouldn’t come as much of a surprise. Forzavista is very likely a feature of some new, unannounced game rather than an add-on for an earlier release. The trademark description could also refer to a standalone tie-in app for some other device, such as tablets, smartphones, or computers.
- ‘Forza Horizon 3’ studio is reportedly working on a new Fable game
- Forza Racing Championship coming with new ‘Forza Motorsport 7’ esports features
- Jump into 4K this Black Friday with our favorite Xbox One S bundle deals
- The best of the last-gen: Our 50 favorite Xbox 360 games
- Warm up with ‘Superhot’ and March’s other free Xbox Games With Gold