Read our full Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor review.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment confirms that Monolith Productions’ Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor will be coming to PlayStation and Xbox consoles, as well as Windows PCs, on October 7. The third-person action game attempts to tell a new story in J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy universe, with players assuming the role of a ranger named Talion. This is a special ranger though, possessing the same set of powers as Wraiths (the Rings series’ Nazgul). You run around the open world of Middle-earth busting heads and making enemies, thanks to the game’s Nemesis system (read about it here).
WB also revealed the details of Mordor‘s pre-order bonus, the Dark Ranger pack, which includes a Dark Ranger character skin and a “Test of Power” challenge mode, in which you fight Sauron’s captains to earn runes that give you a head start in the game. There’s also a new trailer, “Banished from Death,” which you can check out below.
- Score a bargain with the best PS4 game deals under $20
- You shall not pay: ‘Middle-earth: Shadow of War’ removes all microtransactions
- Here’s every game you’ll want to play in 4K HDR on the PS4 Pro
- Check out the best Xbox One deals and bundles for April 2018
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now