Turbine, developers of the upcoming MMO role playing game The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar, today announced they’d struck a deal with Midway Games to co-publish and distribute the LOTR game in North America. The game is currently in development and is slated for release sometime this year.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar, said Turbine, will allow players to online game in a massive LOTR world, either in solo play or as part of a fellowship. Multiple races and classes will be available and the game is based upon the written works by JRR Tolkien.
“We’re very excited to be working with Midway on this title,” explained Jeffrey Anderson, president and CEO of Turbine, in a statement. “Midway’s extensive North American distribution capabilities should ensure a strong and broad based retail presence for The Lord of the Rings Online.”
- The best Netflix original series you can stream right now
- The best shows on HBO Max right now
- The best free-to-play games for 2021
- The best podcasts of 2021
- Here are all the games that support Nvidia’s RTX ray tracing