We’ve been patiently waiting for an official confirmation that Modern Warfare 3 is in development for months, but Activision is mum. In all likelihood, the publisher is still struggling to rebuild Infinity Ward after its mass exodus last year. However, CVG reports that the voice actor playing Ghost in MW2, Craig Fairbrass, has stated that the game may be announced as soon as this week.
“I did Call of Duty: Modern Warfare as Gaz and then I did Ghost in Modern Warfare 2, which has become one of the most iconic figures in the history of computer games, which is great,” said Fairbrass. “And I’ve just been out in LA doing something that’s going to be announced in May… I’ve just been out there doing some bits and pieces and one of it’s to do with… I can’t say too much.”
So that’s a vague hint, if it’s a hint at all. However, Fairbrass’s clarified a bit. “I was out there from January to the end of February [and] Activision took me to their hub, I was a guest for the day, and they took me all around and they showed me the game – you know, these games are like $200 million to produce. It’s incredible. This place was like the size of 10 factories, there was all these people working.”
Judging from that quote, he probably worked on a Call of Duty game, but he said it will be announced in May. Why this week? Well, Activision’s first quarter 2011 financial results are due on Monday, May 9. What better way to impress investors than show them a little Modern Warfare?
Previous rumors point toward MW3 being a prequel starring Ghost. Hopefully we’ll find out the truth soon.