The cat is out of the bag. In fact the cat has been grabbed from the bag and flung at the world, and the bag has been burned. Less than two weeks ago, Activision was still pretending to act surprised when people asked them about the next Call of Duty game. But then the leaks began (possibly because Activision wanted them leaked). Soon a full breakdown of the story was available. Once that was out, the first set of teasers were released.
And now with E3 just two weeks away and the eyes of the gaming world focusing on what’s coming this year and on, Activision and Infinity Ward have released the first official trailer for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, featuring gameplay and a look at some of the exotic locations you will be blowing up.
The game will pick up right where Modern Warfare 2 picked up, with World War III just getting revved up. The fighting rages across the globe, with New York, London and Paris getting hammered, while Soap and Price travel the globe in search of Makarov.
Developed by Infinity Ward primarily, the newly formed Sledgehammer Games is lending a hand with the single-player campaign, while Raven Software, makers of Singularity (and most recently the Call of Duty: Black Ops zombie DLC “Call of the Dead”), is helping with the multiplayer. Look for it on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on November 8.
[Warning: The following trailer may not be suitable for all ages]
- Call of Duty will reportedly continue in 2018 with ‘Black Ops 4’
- Microtransactions have come to ‘Call of Duty: WWII’ after a short delay
- ‘Sicario 2’ director reportedly close to signing on for Call of Duty movie
- Playing games on the Nintendo Switch is so nice, you’ll buy your games twice
- The best of the last-gen: Our 50 favorite Xbox 360 games