Mortal Kombat‘s Scorpion is coming to NetherRealm Studios’ Injustice: Gods Among Us as a downloadable fighter, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment revealed today. Legendary DC artist, writer, and publisher Jim Lee designed this latest version of the classic character, the better to fit him into the otherwise all-DC Comics roster. The Scorpion DLC is priced at $4.99 on PlayStation 3 and 400 MS Points on Xbox 360, though no release date was given.
Injustice: Gods Among Us is a fighting game from the creators of Mortal Kombat. The two games share stylistic similarities, but Injustice features a roster comprised entirely of DC universe characters and a story set within that universe. It’s fitting that DC’s Lee would design the Mortal Kombat character, since NetherRealm got to design all of the DC characters in the game.
“Just the idea of having Jim design one of our Mortal Kombat characters is just such a perfect full circle moment for us,” Mortal Kombat creator and NetherRealm creative director Ed Boon said in a newly released trailer. This is a reference back to the tie-in comics that Midway published in connection with many of the MK games.
- ‘Aquaman’ movie: Everything we know about it so far
- ‘Aquaman’ becomes first DC cinematic universe movie to cross $1 billion
- ‘Aquaman’ review: Jason Momoa delivers a film fit for the King of the Seven Seas
- Spawn creator suggests the antihero could appear in ‘Mortal Kombat 11’
- Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition comes with a life-size Scorpion mask