Have you been sitting around your house, playing the new Mortal Kombat and thought to yourself—“ya know, this is fun, but I wish there was a character that I could create a sword made out of water to slice people with?” If so, then your oddly-specific wish is about to come true.
The third new DLC character for Mortal Kombat has been announced, and it will be available on July 19. Taken from Mortal Kombat 3, Rain joins the characters Kenshi and Skarlet, both of whom are currently available for download through Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.
Although the new Mortal Kombat was released back in April, NeatherRealm Studios seems to still be hard at work on the game. Along with Rain, two new character skins for core characters will be released, although which characters those skins will be for was not yet announced. A fourth DLC character is also planned for later this summer, along with two more skins. A patch will also be available at the same time to allow players that have not purchased the characters to face off against them online against people that have the new DLC.
Rain will be available on for download as part of the Xbox season pass, or individually for 400 MS Points on XBL or $4.99 on PSN.
(Warning: The following trailer may not be suitable for all ages.
- 4 years into lawsuit, appeals court rules that ‘GTA V’ character is not Lindsay Lohan
- 10 new characters we want to see in ‘Super Smash Bros. for Switch’
- Start your 57th character when ‘Skyrim VR’ hits Rift and Vive this April
- How are those 280-character tweets working? Twitter grows, but not in U.S.
- Cult classic ‘Night Trap’ is coming to Nintendo Switch this summer