“The company’s senior vice president for games, Ilkka Raiskinen, announced the achievement at the European Games Network trade show in London yesterday – where the firm is also showcasing itsforthcoming N-Gage line-up.
While the figure represents shipments rather than sell-through, company spokespeople indicated that channel inventories are quite low, so the installed base isn’t far behind the million mark.
Raiskinen also revealed that around 150,000 N-Gage users have signed up to the N-Gage Arena service, representing around 15 per cent of the installed base of the system, and that the game deck has had a global tie ratio of “more than one, but less than two” software units.”
We are predicting that once Sony’s and Nintendo’s new hand-helds enter the market, people will be selling their N-Gage in favor of one of the other systems.
Read the full story at Gamesindustry.biz
- Crash Bandicoot rumored to return with new game in 2019
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?
- Here is our take on some of the best PlayStation 4 themes
- Spyro Collection or ‘Black Ops’? Activision has more remasters for 2018
- How do people really use apps? We asked an expert