NCsoft today said Auto Assault, the first massively multiplayer online game set in a post-apocalyptic world featuring vehicle combat, had begun commercial service globally. The game is priced at $49.99 here in North America, with a monthly subscription fee of $14.99 being tacked on top of that after the first month of online play.
In Auto Assault, said NCsoft, players choose from one of three races to compete against one another in a post-apocalyptic Earth setting. Players can customize many different vehicles to create their own fleet of â€œdeath machinesâ€ and can go on missions with others or own their own, create unique items and play in player versus player combat.
As an incentive to get players to sign up within the first thirty days of the game’s release, NCsoft is also offering a â€œveteran rewardsâ€ program.
“Auto Assault is a truly unique game, and a fantastic addition to our catalog,” said Robert Garriott, CEO of NCsoft North America, in a statement. “There is nothing like it in the MMO game space — it is easy to play, fast, and very fun. Auto Assault gives players the best of action games, the best of role-playing games and a super-cool world to discover and destroy.”
- Digital Trends looks back on its favorite games of 2017
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- ‘Borderlands 3’: News, rumors, and everything we know
- Dear game designers: Please rip off these brilliant game ideas from 2017
- ‘Anthem’ news roundup: Everything we know about Bioware’s next game