It looks like Treyarch, Activision’s in-house developer for the newest Call of Duty game, has learned a few things from Infinity Ward. The newest trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops has been released, and if the trailer is any indication, the game’s campaign will follow a more cinematic track than Treyarch’s last entry, Call of Duty: World at War. WaW followed multiple storylines, but lacked the cinematic staging and “Hollywood movie” feel that Modern Warfare 2 thrived on.
Other than the way the game might be directed, the trailer doesn’t really show us anything new, but it does confirm what we have already heard. The conflict will take place in multiple locations, including a SE Asian setting (almost certainly Vietnam), it will feature Cold War era tech including an SR-71 Blackbird, and it features a new set of weapons including an explosive tipped crossbow. Oh, and it looks kinda awesome.
Expect to hear more and more about this game as Activision tries to prove that they-no-need-no-stinkin’ Infinity Ward.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Avengers 4 teaser trailer has finally arrived: Prepare for ‘Avengers: Endgame’
- Fired Treyarch tester spills ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies’ secrets
- First ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer offers a peek at life after ‘Infinity War’
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Everything we know about the ‘Infinity War’ sequel