The announcement of this anniversary PS4 is timed to the PSOne’s 20th birthday, as Sony’s original console launched on December 3, 1994. There’s no pricing or availability to share just yet, though Sony’s PS Blog post on the matter notes that pre-order details for the U.S. and Canada will be revealed on Saturday, December 6, during the keynote address at PlayStation Experience.
This doesn’t mean that the special edition console will only be available in those regions. The production run is limited to 12,300 globally, as noted in the unboxing video above. Check it out for a closer look at this fancypants console.
The PSX keynote kicks off at 10am PT, and you’ll be able to watch it right here.
- Global domination: Sony has sold more than 500 million PlayStation systems
- PlayStation Classic arrives this December with ‘Final Fantasy VII’ in tow
- The best PS1 games of all time
- ‘Heavy Rain’ and ‘Absolver’ are free with July’s PlayStation Plus
- Retro power: The NES Classic outsold the PlayStation 4 and Switch in June